Q: I would like to be able to keep track of my queries without having to look through my inbox. How can I do this?
Create a Zendesk account! This is free and only takes a minute to setup. Follow the steps below:
1. Go to https://cla.zendesk.com/hc/en-us. You will then either get a popup asking you to log in, or you will have to click on ‘Sign in’ in the top right corner to create an account:
2. Click on 'Sign up'. Note: This lets you create an account in our Help Centre, which is separate from the DCS itself.
3. Fill out the form as described, and click on 'Sign up'. This will prompt an automated email to be sent to you – please make sure to check your spam folder if you cannot find it.
4. You will then see a confirmation message on the screen. Please open the email you have received and click on the link to verify your account and set up a password. This email includes a link to CLA's main support team, however to get help specifically about the DCS you should contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, just contact us from within the help centre.
5. After verifying your account and creating your password you are all set up! Feel free to have a look at the options in the top right corner to get a feel of how the site will work:
6. To submit a support request/query, click on 'Submit a request'. Fill in the form and click submit:
As you type out your request subject, the help centre will suggest relevant articles. If none of these helps solving your query, please continue with your support request and submit this.
7. By going to 'My activities' you can track your support requests (queries):
Click on the request subject to view CLA responses or add to it yourself. You can filter your requests by status, and you can toggle between requests submitted by yourself and any you might have been copied into by colleagues.
From the overview you can see the status of your request:
- Open means that the DCS support team are working on resolving your query
- Awaiting your reply means that the DCS support team has updated the request with either a solution for you to review, or with a request for more information from you
- Solved means that the DCS support team, or yourself from within the help centre, has marked your request as resolved. If you don't think your query is fully resolved yet, or you have a follow-up question, you can simply open the query again by adding a new message to it. Alternatively you can submit a new request, referencing the ID of the original one.