CLA have produced a new API that allows HEIs to automatically add or amend courses in their instances of the DCS.
The API is free-to-use for all HEI users of the DCS and for any relevant third-party.
The documentation to use the API is attached to this article, at the bottom of the article.
Users and third-parties must go through the CLA API Portal to use this API.
The fields that can be included in the SubmitCourse call, which allows new courses to be added to the DCS, are:
The fields that can be included in the AmendCourse call, which allows existing courses to be amended in the DCS, are:
In the AmendCourse call you can update the Status of a Course as well.
The Statuses are:
- Active a course in an Active status is live and all the published links are accessible
- Archived a course in an Archived status is not live and the published links are not accessible
- Deleted a course in a Deleted status is dead and the course and content within cannot be accessed or recovered
Statuses can also be updated if not deleted.
- Active > Archived = a live course becomes archived and the published links are no longer accessible
- Archived > Active = the archived course is reinstated as live and the published links can be accessed
- Active > Deleted = a live course is permanently deleted and the links are all deleted and no longer accessible
- Archived > Deleted = an archived course is permanently deleted and the links are all deleted and no longer accessible
- Deleted > Active = no change, course remains permanently deleted
- Deleted > Archived = no change, course remains permanently deleted
CLA advises great caution when updating statuses, especially when deleting courses, as this permanent and not reversible. Perhaps deletions could include a warning or not be included at all.
If the status is not included in the call and left blank, this remains unchanged in the DCS.