How do I configure IP range authentication in the DCS?
To configure an IP range for student authentication of content when they are on campus, go to the My Institution page in the left hand panel. There you will find a section for IP Authentication, where you will be able to add one Class B IP range or up to 10 Class C IP ranges yourself.
If you require additional Class B IP ranges to be set up beyond this one, email the support team on firstname.lastname@example.org so we can set these up.
We currently restrict the total number of IP ranges to 30 and do not allow Class A IP ranges to be added by a HEI user.
What does the * mean in an IP range and how do I enter it in the DCS?
The * character in an IP range is shorthand to note the minimum (0) or maximum (255) of the range.
Some examples are:
- 195.0.0.* should be entered as:
- 188.8.131.52 – 184.108.40.206
- 176.0.*.* should be entered as:
- 220.127.116.11 – 18.104.22.168
- 183.50-52.*.* should be entered as:
- 22.214.171.124 – 126.96.36.199
- 176.50.0-115.* should be entered as
- 188.8.131.52 – 184.108.40.206